PDF Multi-page summary. Very detailed.
- As of April 24, 2020, DCHHS is reporting 71 additional cases of 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID‐19), bringing the total case count in Dallas County to 2,834, including 77 confirmed deaths.
- The numbers of hospital admissions and intensive care hospitalizations for COVID‐19 for the week ending 4/18
- (Week 16) declined from the preceding 2 weeks.
- Of 669 cases requiring hospitalization, most have been either over 60 years of age or have had at least one known high‐risk chronic health condition. Diabetes has been an underlying high‐risk health condition reported in about a third of all hospitalized patients with COVID‐19.
- Most (66%) deaths have been male. Forty percent (40%) of deaths have been associated with long‐term care facilities.
- The percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for SARS‐CoV‐2 was 12.0% at area hospitals in week 16.